Tag Archives: made-it-clear
Middleweight Patrick Cote was confident in the likelihood of being re-signed by the UFC after being released by the organization in late 2010 and subsequently stringing together wins a quartet of consecutive clashes. However, rather than worry about protecting his spot on the roster, the 32-year old Cote is excited to have an opportunity to make his comeback on such a grand stage and against such a worthwhile adversary. The 16-7 Cote faces Cung Le on Saturday evening at UFC 148 .
Former light heavyweight champ Mauricio Rua isn’t denying he passed on an opportunity to face up-and-coming 205er Glover Teixeira as a replacement for Thiago Silva (who went down with injury). However, he has taken issue with some comments from UFC President Dana White who revealed to media that Rua’s camp had told him “Shogun” would prefer his release from the organization rather than a rumble with Teixeira
Iconic light heavyweight Quinton Jackson has made it clear there are only two opponents on his radar at the moment – Mauricio Rua and Forrest Griffin .
Read the original:
Quinton Jackson still haunted by loss to Forrest Griffin
Despite an initial flirtation with the idea of taking a different route, UFC President Dana White made it clear a few months back Gilbert Melendez would be sticking with Strikeforce for the immediate future. However, the lightweight champion remained hopeful White might bring the UFC to him if not the other way around, injecting Strikeforce’s solid but not spectacular 155-pound division with some top-level talent.
Read the original post:
Gilbert Melendez was “hoping for something better” than Josh Thomson as an opponent
UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen once again lived up to his reputation as a sliver-tongued scrapper this week during a segment of “Chael’s Corner” on UFC Tonight where he took his peers to task over a topic many would argue he himself is quite familiar with – lying. Sonnen made it clear he isn’t necessarily concerned about things his fellow fighters say to help promote future pairings so much as their lack of general honesty with the public.
Read more here:
Chael Sonnen sick of the lying in MMA
After shocking viewers (and Team Faber) by deferring to Urijah Faber to select an opponent to face #1 pick Justin Lawrence leading up to last week’s episode of TUF 15 , bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz opened eyes again after Lawrence’s sensational knockout win over veteran Cristiano Marcello by putting Faber’s first selection into the Octagon next week against one of his own stand-outs rather than concede the quarterfinal slot.
Read more from the original source:
Dominick Cruz out “for the kill” this season on the Ultimate Fighter 15
If simply comparing faces at the post-event press conference for UFC 144 there’s little question on who won the evening’s headlining championship clash between lightweights Frankie Edgar and Benson Henderson . However, deciding who deserved to exit the arena with a title in tow is a far more difficult prospect when evaluating the actual in-ring action rather than purely physical damage
While both men may have their hands full in the coming months, UFC welterweights Diego Sanchez and Carlos Condit could eventually cross paths down the road depending on how 2012 plays out. Though the two are teammates at Greg Jackson ’s gym in New Mexico, Sanchez recently made it clear there is no controversy to be had when it comes to the possibility of the training partners facing off inside the Octagon with a title on the line. Straying from the attitude causing a rift between Jon Jones-Rashad Evans , as well as the one seeing Evans refuse to face Keith Jardine a few years back, Sanchez spoke to The MMA Hour earlier this week where he said he’s already discussed such a scenario with “The Natural Born Killer”.
Read more here:
Diego Sanchez would be willing to fight teammate Carlos Condit
Whether due to genuine respect for one another or the lack of time involved, typically outspoken middleweights Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen opted to focus on refining their skills in the gym than practicing any jabs of the verbal variety. However, with only a few days remaining before Sonnen battles Bisping in co-headlining action at UFC on FOX 2 it appears their newfound free time has prompted them to start taking shots at one another. Of course, ask Sonnen and he’s likely to deny any sort of wrongdoing in the matter as only he can
If you’re one of the many MMA fans wondering why Michael Bisping would risk his four-fight winning streak and spot on the contendership ladder by taking on an opponent with Chael Sonnen ’s skill-set “The Count” has an answer for you – he had no other choice.
Read this article:
Michael Bisping: “I would have had to be a fool to turn it down.”